When teachers teach by bad example.

Mid Vermont Christian School (MVCS)

In a recent CNN report Mid Vermont Christian school took a distinctly unchristian perspective on sport by refusing to play against a team with a trans student on the team.

If you wish you can read about the story here – https://www.cnn.com/…/vermont-basketball…/index.html

While this kind of discrimination is both unchristian and indefensible one shouldn’t allow one’s anger to cloud vision. We are trans, and we are not reactionary. As such we should use the existing avenues of reporting to overcome these hurdles. It would be wrong not to work through the processes of registering our complaint. I will detail the process below to help, if you want a little help to take a stand on this issue.

Read more: When teachers teach by bad example.

The sensible approach here is to first file a complaint with the state authority, as detailed below. Then to file a complaint with the state attorney general, as the School is soliciting donations while exercising discriminatory practices. You can do that here. And finally the last action would be to approach individual donors if they can be identified to discuss whether or not they are happy with the discriminatory practices their funds are supporting. First steps though are to file a complaint using the process below.

There is an avenue to file a complaint against Mid Vermont Christian School, on the grounds of gender discrimination. It can be done by following the instructions below:

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at: https://www.usda.gov/…/USDA-OASCR%20P-Complaint-Form…, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:


U.S. Department of Agriculture

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or


(833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or



The Vermont policy document that this relates to can be read here:


Please make your complaint referencing the schools behavior against an unnamed transgender student from Long Trails School.

If you need a form to file the complaint with (and you can email it to program.intake@usda.gov) HERE’s a copy which is filled in except for your name. You can thank me later.

Thank you


Leave a Reply